The Friends of the Josephine-Louise Public Library grew from the concern of local people who recognized the importance of a strong library for our community.
The Friends group is a non-profit volunteer organization which was started in 1991. Membership is open to everyone. Please join us, we welcome your support! Annual dues are $2.50 per member or $5.00 per family.
To become a Friend of the Josephine-Louise Public Library, or to receive more information, please respond in one of the following ways:
Send an email to [email protected], with the subject line 'Friends of the Library,' or
Call the library at (845) 778-7621 and speak with Ginny, or
Stop by during library hours.
We thank you for your support!
- To create public support for the Josephine-Louise Public Library
- To work for library legislation and appropriations
- To increase community awareness and use of the library
- To sponsor programs designed to add to the cultural life of the community
- Home delivery
- Book sales
- Sales of book bags and notecards
- Holiday raffles
- Community bulletin board
- Book discussions
- Walden Harvest Fest events